Open your mind to the market of the body on our exclusive Med Magic FAM Trip for travel professionals.
See why more and more Americans are combining travel with medical services! Get the inside information you need to become part of this fast growing travel trend and see for yourself how medical travel can grow your business. You’ll visit Costa Rica’s leading medical facilities, meet with top medical service providers and have a chance to combine it all with Costa Rica’s most popular attractions and national parks!
View all our FAM Trips at HotFamTrips.com
Welcome to Costa Rica! Upon arrival at the San Jose International Airport where, after immigrations and customs, you?ll need to proceed to the airport exit to locate the Hotel Shuttle. This short 15 minute shuttle will bring you to the Hotel for check-in.
Visit to Hospital Cima, Hospital Clinica Biblica & Hospital & Hotel La Catolica. Educational visit, seminar and inspection of these top medical facilities. Lunch at selected Hospital. Learn how thousands of Americans combine sea, sun, sand and surgery! Listen to top experts explain the globalization of healthcare and why Costa Rica is quickly becoming the most desirable place for Americans seeking affordable surgery, wellness programs, cosmetic and dental services abroad. You may have a chance to meet with The Council for the International Promotion of Costa Rica Medicine (Pro Med).
Meals: B, L
As a Participant you will have the option to experience firsthand the care that Clinica Biblica, Hospital Cima, Catolica or UNIBE offer or dental clinic offer.
Would you like a medical consultation or how about a dental exam?
Coffee, volcano, waterfalls and rainforest come together in this fantastic full day tour. Starting with a drive by the city of Alajuela passing by the Agriculture Monument, the Monument to Juan Santamaria and the famous Mango Park we make our way out of the Central Valley.
As we ascend towards the Poás Volcano we will notice the change in temperature and vegetation, palm trees are replaced by pine and cool air overcomes the lowland heat. We will see coffee plantations as well as fern, flower and strawberry farms along the way, creating a beautiful landscape that paves the way to our next stop, The Doka Estates Coffee Plantation.
Upon arrival at Doka Coffee Estate enjoy a delicious breakfast followed by a coffee tour, in the actual coffee plantation. Here, we will learn about the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce one of the best coffees in Costa Rica. Learn about the careful process involved on the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean.
Next, we will continue to Poás Volcano where we will not only admire the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, but also learn about the different ecosystems in this beautiful national park.
Following the visit to the volcano we will continue to La Paz Water Fall Garden for lunch and tour. On arrival to the La Paz, we will walk through a trail, leading to a spectacular waterfall in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the park we will also visit the largest butterfly observatory in the country, the impressive hummingbird gallery, the serpentarium, the bird house and the frog’s exhibit.
Meals: B, L
Breakfast, check out & Shuttle transfer to the San Jose International Airport for your departure flight. Meals B
****ENJOY YOUR TRIP****
- 4 nights deluxe hotel in San Jose, Hotel Barcelo San Jose
- 8 Meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners
- On site visits to Costa Rica’s leading Medical centers, dental clinics & hospitals
- Individual Dental or Medical Consultation
- Tour to Poas Volcano, Doka Coffee Estates and La Paz Waterfall Gardens
Tour of Arenal Volcano & Tabacon Natural Hot Mineral Springs with
lunch, dinner & visit to Sarchi artisanal Village
- All transportation within Costa Rica
- Arrival and departure transfer to San Jose International Airport (SJO)
- Services of Sunny Land Tours
- 13% Costa Rica Government tax (VAT) – added to shopping cart
BARCELO SAN JOSE
What makes the Barcelo San Jose so special is a particular paradise. While it’s location defines the 254 room deluxe hotel as a city hotel, being just 15 minutes from the San Jose International Airport and 10 minutes to downtown San Jose, arriving guests quickly realize they’ve found a bit of Eden in the city.
It’s lovely outdoor spaces including pools and gardens planted with indigenous native Costa Rican tree species coupled with outstanding attention to guests
and it’s recognized commitment to the environment (evident by its Sustainability Certificate displayed in the lobby) make the Barcelo San Jose Hotel our favorite.
An outstanding buffet breakfast is included daily and features Costa Rican favorites, European specialties and all the things you would expect from a grand buffet. Enjoy well appointed guest rooms with views of the Central Valley.
Barceló San José Hotel offers spacious and bright rooms renovated in 2013, with classic and elegant style. With the comfort of our guests in mind, all of the rooms include a 32” LCD TV, free Wi-Fi and a free electronic safe with capacity for laptop computers.
Important Notes, Requirements, Term
- QUALIFICATIONS: Travel Agent employees and affiliated Independent Contractors, Travel Writers & Bloggers are welcome. Agents Proof of qualification: IATAN ID Card, IATAN List, CLIA ID Card, TRUE ID. Agents without ID cards may qualify with a letter signed by the Agency owner/manager. Home based agents qualify. Travel Writers & Bloggers present your professional profile and affiliations.
- Single Supplement $200
- Spouse or Companion Supplement $100.
- **This 5-Day Land only FAM requires air into and out of San Jose International Airport (SJO)anytime on specified arrival & departure dates
- Pre/Post If you require an extra night in San Jose before or after the tour, a pre/post night is available for just $65 p.p. dbl occupancy which includes 1 night at Barcelo San Jose Hotel, breakfast buffet, hotel tax, and airport shuttle.
- Conditions: Payment due at time of booking. Advertised rates are per person in double occupancy.
- FAM Payments are non-refundable in case of cancellation