This very special tour offer features Lima and Cusco. The program begins with two nights in Lima and includes a full day touring Colonial and Modern Lima. You will then continue for 4 nights in Cusco, capital of the Inca Empire, and a World Heritage Site since 1983. A fine evening with dinner and show at the highly rated Tunupu’s Restaurant on the Plaza de Armas is an optional added highlight during your stay in Cusco. Your 7 Days in Peru includes select hotel with breakfast daily, tours, expert guides and more are included.
This package is A GREAT VALUE!
Take a trip back in time and explore the roots of an ancient civilization that left behind some of the most interesting and awe-inspiring constructions in the world.
View all our FAM Trips at HotFamTrips.com
Arrival at Jorge Chavez Lima airport, Peru. Upon arrival at the airport your host will meet and assist you in transferring to the hotel and help you in registering. Rest of the day is at leisure.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today, you will tour Colonial and Modern Lima: This half day tour visits both the colonial and modern sections of this “City of Kings.” Colonial sites include the lovely Plaza de Armas with its Cathedral and Government Palace, and the exquisite Torre Tagle Palace modern day seat of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In modern Lima, drive along the exclusive residential areas of Miraflores and San Isidro. (B)
Upgrade offer: If you choose, you could upgrade this tour to a semi private tour of Lima and Larco Museum for an optional supplement of $99 per person based on two.
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will take a short flight to Cusco. After transfer to your hotel, day at leisure in Cusco for independent activities – wander through this lovely city, explore the astonishing narrow streets of this tile roof colonial town will be an unforgettable experience. Great buys are the traditional Peruvian handicrafts, alpaca-wool sweaters and rugs, ponchos, pottery, gold and silver jewelry, leather goods, etc. (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Free day at leisure. Or you could enjoy an Optional Tour of Cusco and its Ruins ($125 per person), which is an organized guided bus tour to the oldest continuously inhabited city in the western hemisphere. Includes important landmarks of enchanting Cusco and also the nearby ruins of Kenko, Puca-pucara, Tambomachay as well as the Sacsayhuaman fortress. Once the center of the Inca civilization, modern Cusco is a delightful combination of Inca and colonial architecture. During the tour, you will visit Cusco’s Cathedral, Santo Domingo Church and the Plaza de Armas. (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Today you will enjoy an excursion to Machu Picchu. Early wake up for the Backpacker Expedition (economy-seat) train ride through the sacred valley of Urubamba to the “Lost City of the Incas,” Machu Picchu. Perched 8,200 feet above the valley, it was hidden by mountains and semi-tropical jungles for 400 years until discovered by Hiram Bingham of Yale University in 1911. Archaeologists believe that the Inc “Virgins of the Sun” took refuge from the Spanish Conquistadors here. Guided tour of the ruins included. In the afternoon return to Cusco.
Upgrade offer: For more comfort you might consider upgrading to the VistaDome -first class seat train for $100 per person.
Breakfast at your hotel. Day at leisure. Optional Full Day Excursion to the Pisac Indian Market and the Ollantaytambo Fortress ($80 per person, operates Tue, Thu, Sun only): Morning departure for a drive through the fertile countryside to the colonial village of Pisac. During your visit to the bustling marketplace you will have the opportunity to bargain with the natives for many different types of Peruvian handicrafts and jewelry. After lunch the tour continues to the village of Ollantaytambo to visit its impressive Inca fortress. Return to Cusco. (B)
Breakfast at your hotel. Transfer from hotel to the Lima airport. End of services. Connect for flight home in Lima. (B)
Note: Depending on your international air schedule, sequence of the itinerary may be changed.
- Featuring 2 nights in Lima, and 4 nights in Cusco, including excursion to the world-famous Machu Picchu
- 2 nights accommodation Lima
- 4 nights accommodation Cusco
- Back Packer Expedition to Machu Picchu
- City tour of Lima
- Daily American breakfast
- Transfers and excursions
- Government taxes
Invite up to 16 Companions!
- Airfares (unless specified), airport dep.
- Tax; Dom $6.82 Intl $31.00
- All domestic flights in Peru Air Lima-Cusco-Lima range from $300 to $550 based on seasonality and class of service available
Hotels Used or Similar
- Economy Class: Tambo Hotel
- Economy Plus: Casa Andina Classic Miraflores Centro
- First Class Superior: Sonesta Casa Andina Lima Pvt Coll, Traditional Room
- Deluxe: JW Marriott Hotel or Westin Libertador
- Luxury: Miraflores Park Executive w/ocean view or similar
- Economy Class: Samay Hotel
- Economy Plus:Terra Andina Hotel Superior Room
- First Class Superior: Casa Andina Cusco Pvt Coll, Superior Rm
- Deluxe: Libertador Cusco
- Luxury: Monasterio, Deluxe with Oxygen
Above hotels or similar ones are used in this program. Sunny Land reserves the right to alter the hotel and the room category if conditions make it
Important Notes, Requirements, Terms
QUALIFICATIONS:a)Travel Agent employees and affiliated Independent Contractors are welcome. a) Proof of qualification: IATAN ID Card, IATAN List, CLIA ID Card, TRUE ID b) Agents w/out ID cards may qualify with a letter signed by the Agency owner/manager. Home based agents qualify. Interline Employees and Companions qualify.
- All rates are per person in double occupancy, on land only basis.
- This is an independent FAM, minimum 2 passengers to guarantee departure – ie not available to single traveling alone.
- Supplement for companion is $200.***
- A Processing and Registration charge of $35 per person applies.
- Non-refundable full payment is due at time of booking.
- A valid US Passport with 7 months validity from the date of entry is required to travel to Peru.
- Peru has departure taxes of approximately $31 per person which is paid while exiting Peru must be paid by the agent/companion locally.
- International and domestic flights are not included. Please call for discounted airfares.
- Cancellation: All FAMs are non-refundable.
- A seasonal supplement of $150 per person will be added into the package price for departures December 20 – December 31.
LUGGAGE – Your backpack or carry-on the train to Machu Picchu should not exceed 11lbs. and its size should not be larger than 62 inches. Passengers taking the “Inca Trail” will be excluded.
Passengers with overnight in Machu PIcchu or Sacred Valley, it is advisable to leave the bulk of your belongings in your luggage in Cusco, and take only what you need. You may also request a transfer service of your luggage for $30 for 1 to 3 pieces (each way).
VISITS TO Machu Picchu – .consider the following information:
1- The three circuits that were announced in Machu Picchu’s rule book are currently functioning.
2- The maximum time a person can remain in the sanctuary is 4 hours.
3- There are two entry schedules for Machu Picchu: AM y PM.
4- The passengers that wish to enter Machu Picchu a second time may do so WITHOUT A GUIDE. This can be done in the afternoon schedule or the following morning, as long as they show their first entry ticket at the control gate.
5- To re-enter Machu Picchu without a guide, the passengers must keep their sealed ticket from the first entry. If they do not have the ticket, they will have to find a guide and hire their services before
6- Time Control in the sanctuary will be carried out as follows:
1. A specific colored sticker will be placed according to the time the passengers entered. Each hour will have a different color.
2. Since there are 3 circuits, which work as one-way corridors, it is easier to set up controls in different parts.
3. The park rangers will be located at the control posts along the circuits, with the goal of identifying the passengers whose visiting time is over according to the color of their sticker.
7- Groups per guide cannot exceed 16 passengers.